Advance your academic, clinical, research and professional careers through our world-class Graduate Research Pathways and PhD Programs.
The Melbourne School of Health Sciences (MSHS) is a preeminent centre in health sciences research and part of a leading international university with a tradition of excellence in research and research training. Ranked 1st in Australia and 22nd in the world in Life Sciences and Medicine by the QS World University Rankings 2020, graduate research at Melbourne can broaden your career pathways, developing you as a researcher and enhancing your leadership opportunities in your specialty practice area.
With 6 Entry to Practice Courses, more than 50 additional Masters, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Specialist Certificate qualifications and approximately 120 graduate research students studying topics that impact our community, the MSHS offers multiple opportunities for a tailored student experience.
Hear from some of our current students:
Join our world-leading academic team, outstanding student body and alumni network to contribute to the betterment of national and international health and wellbeing. Participate in a learning environment nationally celebrated for fostering collegiality, academic excellence and a student-centred approach.
Develop the skills and knowledge base required to address the leading issues impacting the health industry in this era of chronic disease and ageing. With a focus on rehabilitation and recovery, partake in our mission to address the current gaps in clinical practice and transform evidence-based research and health service evaluation into practice in healthcare.
Identify a potential supervisor
A researcher's Find an Expert profile details their research interests, previous publications, and availability for supervision.
Explore supervisors by department
You can also explore supervisors through our research hubs and cross-cutting themes here.
Make contact with your potential supervisor via their Find an Expert profile page (not via email)
In order to make contact from their profile page:
- Click the “Study with Me” icon.
- Click the “Supervision Enquiries” button.
- Complete the form by following the prompts for providing relevant information and supporting documentation.
- A current CV outlining education background, prior professional and research experience and publications relevant to your proposed research project.
- A scanned copy in colour of the original document of all higher education transcripts, completion statement (official translation, if applicable) and grading schemes.
- Research proposal up to 100 words.
- A written reference (if available).
Documents you will be required to upload via the form are:
Apply to the University of Melbourne
Further enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org (Peter Blight, Academic Programs Coordinator – Research)