Our women’s health physiotherapy program focuses on pelvic floor function and dysfunction in women with range of pelvic floor disorders. We are currently exploring:
- Pelvic pain:
- Women with endometriosis and persistent pelvic pain. We are exploring pelvic floor muscle properties, specifically muscle tenderness and muscle tone, as well as symptoms of bladder, bowel and sexual dysfunction and psychosocial distress, in women pre- and post-laparoscopy for pelvic pain.
- Women with provoked vestibulodynia, and ultrasound elastography to explore pelvic floor muscle stiffness.
- Pelvic floor disorders, including bladder and bowel incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse, in women who:
- Engage in regular exercise, including elite female athletes
- Are diagnosed with and have undergone treatment for gynaecological cancer
- Have undergone treatment for breast cancer
- The feasibility, clinical and cost effectiveness effectiveness of telehealth-delivered pelvic floor muscle training to treat urinary incontinence in women following treatment for gyneacological or breast cancer.