The Centre for Health, Exercise & Sports Medicine (CHESM) at the University of Melbourne has released a new online education program 'EduWeight: Weight Management for Adult Patients with Chronic Disease'. The program is available free-of-charge at this time to all users (e.g. physiotherapists, physiotherapy students, other health professionals, educators, researchers).
Learn about weight management and how to optimally discuss weight with adult patients that live with chronic disease (including osteoarthritis) and overweight or obesity.
The online modules you will access cover:
- Links between obesity and chronic disease, and the benefits of weight loss
- Overview of weight regulation, overweight and obesity
- Examining weight stigma and personal beliefs about weight
- Communication approaches for addressing weight management
- Interventions for weight management
- Health behaviour change support