A clinical supervision development program designed to build the clinical supervision capabilities of mental health nurses.
The CentreMHN Clinical Supervision for MHNs Masterclass launched in May 2023. Applications open in August 2023 for a new cohort to start in October.
This practical Masterclass supports MHNs to start up or refresh their approach to building quality clinical supervision relationships. It includes ways for us to align everyday practice with the principles that underpin supported decision-making.
What are the aims?
Our experiential, relational and translational Clinical Supervision Masterclass aims to:
- Deliver relational clinical supervision training that supports the wellbeing, flourishing, and professional practice of mental health nurses.
- Ready participants to facilitate clinical supervision that enables relational mental health nursing practice that fosters the health, healing and wellbeing of consumers, families, and communities.
- Support the implementation of Victoria’s Clinical Supervision for Mental Health Nurses Framework across Victoria’s public mental health and wellbeing servicesWho is the target audience?
Who is the target audience?
The CentreMHN Clinical Supervision Masterclass is for mental health nurses who currently offer or would like to offer clinical supervision in their practice as Clinical Nurse Educators, Psychiatric Nurse Consultants, Clinical Nurse Consultants, Nurse Practitioners, or other advanced practice, education, or leadership roles in public mental health and wellbeing services in Victoria. For this reason, we are tailoring the Masterclass to meet the clinical supervision development needs of two primary cohorts over two years:
- Cohort 1 (2023): Clinical Nurse Educators, Psychiatric Nurse Consultants and other mental health nurses in education and professional roles in public sector mental health and wellbeing services in Victoria.
- Cohort 2: (2024): Mental health nurses in Clinical Nurse Consultant, Nurse Practitioner, and other advanced practice clinical and non-clinical leadership roles in Victoria’s public mental health and wellbeing services.
How is the program delivered?
The CentreMHN Clinical Supervision Masterclass is delivered through nine online learning blocks over nine weeks. Each learning block consists of 60 minutes of self-directed active learning and a 90-minute facilitated workshop with group learning and clinical supervision practice sessions.
What approaches underpin the Masterclass?
We know that narrative, relationship, and reflection are at the heart of mental health nursing and clinical supervision. For this reason, narrative, relational, and reflective pedagogical approaches underpin the course design, delivery, and meaningful translation of learning into clinical supervision practice.
Throughout this Clinical Supervision Masterclass, we intentionally privilege experiential, relational, and translational approaches to growing the clinical supervision capabilities of mental health nurses. A commitment to receiving and providing clinical supervision throughout the program and beyond is a requirement of Masterclass participation.
For more information about the CentreMHN Clinical Supervision Masterclass, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org