Abstract Presenters Information Sessions
The following information sessions will provide presenters with information to present their Abstract at the online 2020 Collab Conference.
You only need to attend ONE of the below sessions. You must register to receive the Zoom information.
Sessions will be recorded.
|Session Two||Thursday 22 October||6.00pm - 7.00pm||Register Here|
Things to know
- The conference will run like a normal conference with back to back presentations in one stream. Each session will have a 5-minute change over in between
- Each session will have a Chair and a Room Support to assist the presenter
- The Chair's role is:
- Introduce the presenter
- Monitor the time (the Chair will send time reminders to the presenter)
- Allocate three attendees to complete the First Time Presenter’s Survey (if required)
- Ask the presenter the questions
- The Room Support role is:
- General support for the presenter, attendees and Chair
- Monitor any questions relating to audio/visual
- You will be sent an email with the name of your Chair, room support and a link to your Zoom presentation. You will also be able to access your presentation through the Event Website
- Your presentation session is 15 minutes, with 5 minutes for questions. We recommend trying to keep your presentation to 12 minutes
- All sessions will be recorded unless you request for it not to be
- You can pre-record your session via the following:
- Record it and stream it yourself by sharing your screen on the day
- Record, upload to Vimeo or YouTube and email us the link
- Record and send the file using dropbox (your own account)
- All recordings must be submitted by Friday 30 October
- You still need to attend your session to monitor your recording and answer questions
- If you are using a Powerpoint please email to CPN by Monday 2 November as a backup on the day
- Remember that we are all learning as we go with the online format. Things may go wrong so it is important to have a backup plan to your presentation but also know we are here to support and assist you
Frequently asked questions
Q. Which event platform is The Collab using?
A. The event platform is called CVENT and is available as a website and mobile app. The presentation platform is Zoom.
Q. Do I have to purchase a ticket if I am a presenter?
A. Yes, you have to have a paid registration to access the event website.
Q. How long are the presentations?
A. The presentations are 15mins with 5 mins of questions. We would recommend completing your presentation within 12mins to allow time for any tech issues.
Q. Do I need a Zoom account to present?
A. Yes, you will need a Zoom account. The email address needs to be the same as the email address provided at registration for you to be allocated at Host.
Q. What happens if I go over my 20mins.
A. You will be cut off by the Chair at time
Q. How do I access my session on the day?
A. You will be able to access your session via the CVENT website or via the Zoom link sent to you
Q. Will the Zoom link be sent to me?
A. Yes the Zoom link will be emailed to you along with the name of your session chair and room support
Q. Can I have a background on my Zoom?
A. Yes, you can have a background but would only advise if you have a strong internet connection as sometimes the background can slow your connection
Q. Can I still present a power point presentation?
A. Yes, you will just need to share your screen during your Zoom presentation
Q. Will my Zoom presentation be in meeting format or webinar format?
Q. If I have more than one presenter do I get extra time?
A. No, all sessions are 15mins + 5mins questions
Q. Can I pre-record my session?
A. Yes, you can pre-record your session. You must submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 30 October. The preferred format is a Vimeo or Youtube link which will be embedded. If you record using Zoom or another program you will need to have a dropbox account to send through the file.
Q. If I pre-record my session do I still need to attend on the day?
A. Yes, you still need to attend to ensure the session runs smoothly and for Q&A’s. It’s possible to pre-record and share the recording on your screen during your session.
If you have another questions please email CPN and we will get back to you
Collab Chairing Information Sessions
The following information sessions are only for those who will be Chairing an Abstract presentation.
The session will provide Chairs with information to assist and chair their allocated Abstract Presenters at the online 2020 Collab Conference.
YYou must register to receive the Zoom information.
Sessions will be recorded.
|Chairing Info Session||Tuesday 27 October||2.00pm - 3.00pm||Register Here|
The Victorian Collaborative Mental Health Nursing Conference is jointly hosted by collaborative partners: