Office of the Chief Mental Health Nurse
The CPN works in close collaboration with the Office of the Chief Mental Health Nurse (OCMHN), as well as the broader Department of Health & Human Services. The CPN’s role within this partnership is two-fold:
The first is to undertake research and provide expert input into OCMHN/DHHS practice development initiatives. Currently, this work includes:
- Evaluation and analysis of the Victorian Safewards rollout
- Consumer academic input to organisation capabilities policy
- Final evaluation of the DHHS’ Victorian Mental Health Interprofessional Leadership Project
The second is to provide education and training to Victoria’s mental health nursing workforce that aligns with:
- current research evidence and best practice principles
- contemporary policy directions, practice guidelines and the Victorian Mental Health Act (2014)
- clinician and consumer perspectives on recovery-oriented practice and clinical care
For further information on the OCMHN’s role and leadership agenda:
The CPN maintains critical collaborations with Victoria’s peak mental health nursing and health services sector bodies.
We have partnered with these organisations to jointly deliver the annual Collaborative MH Nursing Conference for close to 20 years, in addition to working collaboratively on sector workforce development and practice development projects.