NH&MRC Funding Announcement
We have been successful in the recent NH&MRC Targeted Research Call - Hearing Health. We have been awarded a 3-year grant for research into the effectiveness, cost-effectiveness, and potential economic and social impact of interventions to promote treatment to facilitate improved hearing in older Australians, commencing in 2023. The project will identify barriers to medical referral for hearing care and barriers to hearing aid uptake and use and will design and evaluate the feasibility and cost-effectiveness of interventions to address these.
Our new team for this project includes:
University of Melbourne:
- Prof Julia Sarant (Chief Investigator and audiologist, Department of Audiology & Speech Pathology)
- Prof Jill Francis (Implementation Scientist, School of Health Sciences)
- Prof David Harris (Head, Economics)
- Prof Ajay Mahal (health economist & Deputy Director, Nossal Institute for Global Health)
- Prof Lena Sanchi (Head, General Practice)
- Dr Barbra Timmer (President, Audiology Australia)
- Dr Ulrike Lemke (Geriatric Neuropsychologist, Sonova AG, Switzerland).
- Dr Stefan Launer (Senior Vice President, Audiology and Health Innovation, Sonova AG, Switzerland)
To read more about the new study: link