The Supervisor Training and Education Program (STEP) aims to:
- Provide strategies for clinicians to develop their teaching and supervision skills
- Support clinicians in developing effective and efficient education strategies and solutions based on their own experiences
- Collaborate with clinicians to design a clinical placement plan for learners
- Support educational leaders within health settings and across disciplines
- Acknowledge and address issues relating to diversity
Please view the flyer for further details or read more about the program including positive participant feedback from previous years.
The Foundational Program is designed to provide an overview of the fundamental elements of clinical supervision including:
- Facilitating learning in the clinical placement environment
- Providing effective assessment and feedback
- Evaluating clinical progress; problem identification and solution-focused placement strategies
- Establishing the supervisor relationship
The Intermediate Program is designed to focus on more advanced elements of clinical supervision including:
- Clinical supervision in a clinically diverse environment
- Formative and summative assessment
- Assisting learners to develop clinical reasoning skills
When and Where
11 April – Austin Hospital
30 May – University of Melbourne
27 June - Werribee Mercy Hospital
11 July - University of Melbourne
15 Aug - Sunshine Hospital
17 Oct - University of Melbourne
14 Nov - University of Melbourne
9 May - University of Melbourne
6 June - Sunshine Hospital
20 June - University of Melbourne
22 Aug - Austin Hospital
5 September - Werribee Mercy Hospital
7 Nov - University of Melbourne
21 Nov - University of Melbourne
0900-1700 (morning tea and lunch is provided)
John Lindell Theatre,
Lance Townsend Building
145 Studley Road
Lecture Theatre 3
Alan Gilbert Building
161 Barry Street
University of Melbourne
Western Centre for Health, Research & Education (WCHRE)
Auditorium and Lecture Room
176 Furlong Road, St Albans 3021
Werribee Mercy Hospital
300 Princes Hwy
- Participation in the training requires participation in the evaluation of the training.
- Speak with your manager if you are interested in attending one of these workshops.
- It is recommended that a minimum of three months passes between participating in a Foundational level workshop and progressing to Intermediate level, to provide time to apply the knowledge and skills learned from the training.
- Can I change my booking once I am registered?
Yes - please email email@example.com to cancel the place you have registered for and then register again using the link above for the date you wish to attend.
- Can I attend any of the venues listed?
Yes - please attend whichever venue is most convenient for you.
- Will I receive a certificate?
Yes - every attendee will receive a certificate of attendance at the end of the day.
- What if I cannot attend but do not know until the day?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to advise you will not attend and use the link above to register for another date.
- Can I just turn up on the day if I haven’t registered?
No, unfortunately capacity is capped at 50 and certificates will only be issued to those who have already registered and attend on the day.
- Will lunch be provided?Yes - morning tea and lunch are provided. We will also have vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options available.
- Is there a fee?
No - this is a free training event.
- Is there parking at the venue?
Please see link to each venue for information.
- Can I attend both foundational and intermediate training?
Yes - you can attend both sessions but we advise that you leave 3 months between foundational and intermediate sessions.
- Are there any more sessions planned other than those listed?
No - this is the full program of dates, no further dates are planned for 2016.
- What are the start and finish times?
Each day starts at 9.00am and finishes at 5.00pm.
- I can only attend part of the day, is that OK?
We advise all attendees to stay for the full day but understand if you have other commitments.
- Do we receive any information on the day?
Yes - all attendees will receive a hard copy pack of all the presentations from the day.
- If I am running late on the day can I still attend?
The first session starts promptly at 0900am. If you are late please enter the venue quietly.
- Is this event for specific healthcare groups?
No - this event is interdisciplinary.
- Can I do a group booking?
No - registration is only taken for individuals. Each person wishing to attend will need to complete the online registration form.
- Can I reserve a place on a certain date/venue and confirm at a later date?
No - there is no provisional booking option.
- Who are the presenters?
- Is there a waiting list?
There are no waiting lists for the sessions that are already fully booked. If we receive notification of a cancellation we will remove that booking and the link will become live again to book places. Please check links regularly to see if any spaces are available