1. Nicolson P, Bennell K, Hinman R, Wrigley T, Stratford P. 2016. Reliability & validity of self-reported measures of adherence to home strengthening exercise in people with knee osteoarthritis. Physiotherapy Research Foundation. $10,000.
2. Bryant A, Bennell K, Hinman R, Paterson K, Moktaradeh M, Pivonka P. 2016-2017. Influence of athletic footwear on lower limb biomechanics of pubertal girls. Australian Research Council Linkage Grant. $168,204. Industry funding: ASICS $80,000.
3. Hinman R, Bennell K, French S, Forbes A, Harris A, Briggs A, Bunker S, Gale J. 2016-2018. Integration of exercise counselling and support into the Musculoskeletal Help Line for knee OA: a mixed-methods study of a novel phone service. NHMRC Partnership Grant. $437,098 Industry funding: Medibank Health Research Fund $75,000.
4. Bennell K, Buchbinder R, Wang Y, Forbes A. 2016-2019. Hype or Hope? platelet-Rich plasma as a symptom- and disEaSe-modifying Treatment fOR knee ostEoarthritis - the RESTORE trial. National Health and Medical Research Council Project Grant. $1,400,359.
5. Hodges P, Bennell K, Hunter D, Vicenzino B. 2016-2020. Musculoskeletal pain and disability: improving outcomes through conservative management. NHMRC Program Grant. $8,268,140.
1. Bryant A, Pivonka P. 2015. Sophisticated three dimensional motion analysis using portable computer gaming technologies: Calculating in vivo muscle and knee joint forces following reconstructive surgery. Defence Health Foundation Grants for Medical Research. $50,000.
2. Hall M. 2015. The University of Melbourne Early Career Research Grant. Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences. $39,539.
3. Paterson K, Hinman R, Bennell K, Menz H. 2015. A multi-faceted podiatry intervention for the management of foot OA: a pilot RCT. Podiatry Education Research Fund. $7,767.
4. Paterson K, Hinman R, Bennell K, Menz H. 2015. A multi-faceted podiatry intervention for the management of foot OA: a pilot RCT. Arthritis Australia. $13,000.
5. Van Ginckel A. 2015. Cane Use and Bone marrow lesion size in medial knee osteoArthritis (CUBA). The University of Melbourne Early Career Research Grant. $38,223.50.
6. Hunter D, Bennell K, Hinman R, Trevena L, Brand C, Harris A, Pirotta M, Georgeff M, Lawler L, Cahill A. 2015-2017. PARTNER Trial: Optimising primary care management of hip and knee OA. Medibank Health Research Fund. $320,706.
7. Katz J, Consultant: Bennell K. 2015-2017. Randomized Trial of Non-Operative Therapies for Degenerative Meniscal Tear (TeMPO). National Institutes of Health/NIAMS. $418,000 USD.
8. Bennell K, Hunter D, Hodges P, Buchbinder R, Pirotta M, Hinman R, Foster N, Michie S, Vicenzino B. 2015-2019. Centre of Research Excellence in Translation of Research into Improved Outcomes in Musculoskeletal Pain and Health (CRE TRIUMPH). NHMRC Centre of Research Excellence scheme. $2,500,000.
1. Hinman R, Bennell K, Wrigley T, Bryant A. 2014. PEDAR foot pressure measurement system. NHMRC Large Equipment Grant Scheme. $19,000.
2. Bennell K. 2014-2016. Stick With It: overcoming barriers to exercise adherence for people with hip and knee osteoarthritis. Medibank Health Research Funding. $87,000.
3. Bennell K. 2014-2019. Improving conservative management of knee osteoarthritis. NHMRC Principal Research Fellowship. $727,610.
1. Bennell K, Wrigley T, Hinman R, Bryant A. 2013. Electromyography (EMG) wireless telemetry system for human muscle function recording. FMDHS NHMRC Major Equipment Grant. $22,080.
2. Brosseau L, Sherrington C, Bennell K, Briggs A, King J, Bell M, Brooks S, Sturnieks D, Toupin-April K. 2013. People getting a grip on arthritis: international online learning for consumers with rheumatoid arthritis. Canadian Institute of Health Research Planning Grant. CAD7,780.
3. Paterson K, Bates D, Bryant A, Clark R. 2013. The development of a tool designed to rate the serverity of plantar heel pain. Australasian Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine Research Grant. $5,500.
4. Hinman R, Wrigley T, Hunter D, Bennell K. 2013-2015. Unloading shoes for knee osteoarthritis: a double-blind randomised controlled trial. NHMRC Project Grant. $741,631.
5. Hunter D, Bennell K, Fransen M, Jeon Y-H, Jones G, Salkeld G. 2013-2015. Program evaluation of the osteoarthritis awareness hub. ARC Discovery Grant. $440,000.
6. Wark J, Howard S, Reavley N, Pirotta M, Varigos G, Bennell K. 2013-2015. Improving Vitamin D status and related health in young women (the Safe-D study). NHMRC Project Grant. $587,812.
7. Bryant A. 2013-2016. Why young people develop old knees. National Health & Medical Research Council Career Development Fellowship. $400,000.
8. Dekker J, Van der Leeden M, Van der Esch M, Roordal L, Lems E, Bennell K. 2013-2017. The effect of high-resistance muscle strength training and Vitamin D supplementation in knee osteoarthritis: a 2x2 randomised controlled trial. Dutch Arthritis Foundation. EUR230,000.
1. Bennell K, Hinman R, Dobson F, Roos E. 2012. Expanding the clinimetric evidence for the OARSI recommended set of performance-based measures of physical function. Osteoarthritis Research Society International (OARSI). $7,000.
2. Berney S, Denehy L, Warrillow S, Parry S, Bryant A, Koopman R, Hart N. 2012. Early intervention to prevent muscle weakness in intensive care: a pilot randomized controlled trial. Intensive Care Foundation. $40,000.
3. Berney S, Denehy L, Warrillow S, Parry S, Bryant A, Koopman R, Hart N. 2012. An early intervention to prevent muscle weakness in intensive care. Austin Medical Research Foundation. $25,000.
4. Dobson F, Bennell K, Hinman R, Abbott J, Roos E. 2012. A standardised set of physical performance outcome measures for lower limb osteoarthritis. Arthritis Australia Grant-in-aid. $10,000.
5. Parry S, Denehy L, Berney S, Warrilow S, Koopman R, Bryant A, Hart N. 2012. An early intervention to prevent muscle weakness in intensive care: a pilot randomized controlled trial. Society of Critical Care Medicine Vision (USA). $50,000.
6. Choong P, Bennell K, Hinman R, Wrigley T, Dowsey M. 2012-2014. Evaluating the impact of obesity on knee load over time in those who have undergone optimal surgical re-alignment after total knee replacement. Australian Research Council Linkage Grant. $353,098.
7. Hunter D, Zhang Y, March L, Bennell K, Sambrook P. 2012-2014. Web based study of risk factors for pain exacerbation in knee osteoarthritis. NHMRC Project Grant. $399,903.
8. McCrory P, Morris M, Bladin C, Clark R, Williams G, Olver J. 2012-2016. Physical activity and fitness and stroke outcomes. NHMRC Project Grant. $730,832.
1. Bennell K, Wrigley T, Hinman R, Bryant A. 2011. Isokinetic dynamometer for human muscle function assessment. . The University of Melbourne Equipment Grant. $25,000.
2. Bryant A, Clark R, Fortin K. 2011. The effect of the POD Orthotic knee brace incorporating human motion hinge technology on lower limb biomechanics during walking, running and single-leg hopping. POD Orthotic Industry Grant. $25,000.
3. Culvenor A. 2011. Endeavour Postgraduate Research Fellowship. Commonwealth Government of Australia. $25,000.
4. Pua Y, Bryant A, Clark R. 2011. The influence of hip replacement on lower limb function. Singapore Health Project Grant. $50,000.
5. Schabrun S, Hodges P, Chipchase L, Jull G, Vicenzino B, Copland D, Bennell K, Tucker K. 2011. Brainsight2 Neuro-navigator for transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) for project “Neuro-navigation for basic and clinical research”. University of Queensland Major Equipment and Infrastructure Grant and NHMRC Equipment Grant. $63,000.
6. Williams G. 2011. Strength Training Following TBI. Epworth Research Institute. $48,805.
7. Abbott J, Bennell K, Hinman R, Roos E, Dobson F. 2011-2012. Establishing an OARSI-recommended set of physical performance measures for hip and knee osteoarthritis. University of Otago Dunedin School of Medicine Dean’s Bequest. NZ$10,000.
8. Ho J, Pua Y, Clark R, Ong P, Bryant A, Leong P, Chan S, Wong W. 2011-2012. Anterior Cruciate ligament Epidemiology Study (ACES): Predictors of dynamic knee stability and return to pre-injury physical activity level. Singapore Health Project Grant. $50,000.
9. Hodges P, Bennell K, Jull G, Vicenzino B. 2011-2015. Musculoskeletal pain, injury and health: improving outcomes through conservative management. NHMRC Program Grant. $7,570,000.
10. Messier S, Carr J, De Vita P, Hunter D, Legault C, Loeser R, Mihalko S, Nicklas B, Williamson J, Eckstein F, Guermazi A, Bennell K. 2011-2016. Strength Training for Arthritis Trial (START). National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS). USD$3.89 million.