Alliance to End Violence toward Women and Children
The Alliance involves a collaboration with GP Practice and Primary Care with Professor Cathy Humphreys from Social Work and Professor Kelsey Hegarty from General Practice as co-leads.
It strives to make a difference to the lives of women and children affected by abuse and violence. Preventing and responding to violence against women and children is not the domain and responsibility of any one discipline. The Alliance brings together researchers from a variety of disciplines throughout the University of Melbourne in order to tackle this complex and challenging problem.
Three strands underpin the Alliance's research program
- Understanding the dynamics of intimate partner violence
- Early identification through primary health care
- Innovative integrated responses for vulnerable groups
- Domestic and family violence and parenting: mixed method insights into impact and support needs
- Fathering Challenges: Responsible, Responsive and Reparative Fathering
- Improving contact between children in out-of-home care and their birth parents
- The PATRICIA Project: PAthways And Research In Collaborative Inter-Agency working
- Invisible Practices: Intervention with fathers who use violence
Faculty Research Themes
School Research Themes
For further information about this research, please contact Cathy Humphreys